Monday 18 April 2016

Battle arena statue in Unity




After creating and texturing my model in Zbrush I had to export the file as a low poly model. Doing this lowered the quality of the statue, but I then baked the details from the high poly model onto it. By doing this it keeps the tris count down and requires less memory. I baked the detail in a program called xNormal. xNormal did this by creating three different maps, a normal map, a cavity map and an a high poly vertex colour map.
 





I then opened the maps up in photoshop and layered my stone texture over the high poly vertex colour map. I saved the file and then opened up my low poly model in my battle arena and created a new material. Next I assigned the three maps to the material and then attached it to my low poly model. This made my low poly model appear like the high poly model I created in Zbrush.




No comments:

Post a Comment