Monday 18 April 2016

Battle arena - Animating assets

For my battle arena I created a urn so that in my unity project I could animate some fire to go along with it. I animated the fire by using a particle system, a texture sheet and a FX shader. 


The first thing I did was create the particle system and assign the FX shader to it. I then assigned the fire texture sheet to the FX shader and this caused small images of fire to be projected across the scene. 


The particle system lets you edit the way it carries out cycling through the texture sheet. In the texture  sheet animation box I changed the value of the tiles that the particle system cycles through to create a more dynamic and realistic fire.


I also edited the size of the fire to make it seem like it was burning low and to sit with urn.




No comments:

Post a Comment