Thursday 10 March 2016

Modelling statue head

I've decided to go for a stylistic statue for my battle arena so I want this to be reflected in my modelling. First of all I got two reference images up in Maya to help me model a standard female head. I focused on the bottom, right half of the face first and then proceeded to work my way up by extruding the faces.



I kept flicking through different views of the model to make sure I was staying true to the reference images I was using.




I did begin to find it harder the more I extruded the faces as they were not all connected. I then mirrored the the right side of the face to create a full head. 

However,  I was not 100% pleased with my final outcome so I exported and opened it up in Z brush where I smoothed out the surface and added cracks.




No comments:

Post a Comment