Sunday 31 January 2016

Steampunk Concept

For Visual Design we were set a homework to create a concept of a steampunk character or item. I decided to create a steampunk styled camera.

I decided to do a camera as I thought it would be something different. I collected a range of photos from google for reference purposes when drawing my initial sketch.



I noticed that steampunk often incorporates cogs or other industrial pieces into the design, therefore I made sure that my outcome related to those elements.

I decided to 3D model my camera then use photoshop to add textures to it. Personally I am not a fan of my outcome as I don't think the textures relate to the steampunk style particularly well. However, I do think my actual 3D model represents a steampunk inspired camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment